Clearly that has not been done .... until now!
If you have questions, comments or curiosities please post them in comments below - I will try to be diligent in responding. Also please subscribe to the blog by submitting your email address (look up and to the right!) - you will get notifications of new posts. That way you will get updates! I imagine I will post something every few days ...
First - let's review some of those Kiswahili phrases we talked about:
There are a few ways to say hello! As I said, jambo (Are you OK?) is really the all purpose greeting. The nice thing about jambo is it supplies the response: sijambo. (I'm OK)
If you want to take jambo to the next level you can differentiate between singular greetings and plural greetings. To greet one person you would say hujambo? (You are OK?) - sijambo is still the response. When greeting more than one person, you might say Hamjambo? (Are you all OK?) and the reply would be Hatujambo (We are all OK).
And there is yet another level - and that is to direct the greeting to a bibi (woman) or a bwana (man) or a particular person - hujambo bibi? or hujambo bwana? or hujambo Chuck? and sijambo can still be the response. But you could also reply sijambo bibi (if the person asking is a woman) or sijambo bwana or sijambo Howard or sijambo mchungaji (I am OK pastor).
Finally for today - if somebody comes into a room or house or car you might simply say Karibu (welcome) or if there is more than one person Karibuni (all welcome).
Introductions:
One last thing to memorize.This face - this is Bishop John Adiema - my bishop, my friend and my brother in Christ.
At the last meeting we discussed a couple of project ideas to raise funds for. One was the renovation of the cottage for future mission trip use. We also spoke of funding soccer balls and Bibles. Thoughts and updates appreciated! Perhaps we can approach friends, relatives and business associates to accumulate resources for these projects? Pray about it.
Just because sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words....
here are 4000 words!

No comments:
Post a Comment